12.08.2008

Two/One

Well.

This semester. Boy, I tell you, it has been a trip. A wild ride. A doozy, even. I've had highs and lows. I've laughed hard and been on the verge of tears too many times to count.

So far, this semester:
  1. I've moved into my first apartment, and boy was it bad timing. I didn't prepare for it at all. I didn't pray about it, I didn't look for a good roommate (because you never know someone until you live with them and their funky habits); I didn't even have a job. Or a car. And for that, I get a major Fail.
  2. This semester has been proven to be one of my toughest, academically speaking. And for most of my classes, I've been doing fine. I expect A's in those classes. However, in two other classes, I am a sneeze away from either passing or failing. And those two of those finals? Tomorrow, on the same day. And they pretty much decide if I graduate or not. So, another major Fail.
But on the other end:
  1. I have never worked this hard at maintaining a steady study habit in my entire college career. Like clockwork, I focused totally on doing my homework and understanding it as I did it. I did my papers on time, and if not, I mad sure that the work I did would make up for the points I lost for being late. And, for the most part, it paid off.
  2. I've had to understand that I struggle with pride. I'm not a know-it-all or any kind of major jerk, but I do have a problem with my ego and doing things for the sake making sure that I do it for myself. In understanding this, I can, and have been making moves to reverse this. There is a really good psychological theory to explain this, but I'll leave that alone. The good news it, I'm getting better in being open to accepting help from other people, because that it how I've had to make things work for myself this semester.
But the process sucks.

So. At the end of the day, I have two finals tomorrow. It's somewhat akin to Doomsday, because of the amount of pressure. I HAVE to pass. And after that?

One more semester of undergrad. One.

Two finals. One more semester.

1 comment:

I.Am.Spoken.Word. said...

shoot.
that math class can kick stinkin rocks.

'sall I gots to say.
:0)

spring semester, here we come.