3.12.2008

You Should Be Here (From Summer '07)

This here is something that I wrote back during the summer of 2007. It wasn't that long ago, but looking back...if only I had known what was in store. You can see the original posting, but it's pretty much the same thing. Either way, here it is. Right. Here.

You should be here, right now, but I'm not Raphael Saadiq
I'm simply missing you love. Behold the sweet mystique
of a tuned union that seems to me to be unique.
My heart bleeds with constant need to see the next time we meet.
Realization hit me with hunger pangs, blows and pain
that I miss you so. More than recess and childhood games,
more than reruns on TV, more than ice cream in the summer
More than I thought I would, I miss you, lover.

Snuck up on me with the efficiency of a ninja Jedi
Slightly distracted when we were suddenly standing eye-to-eye
Travel this road a few months later, tons of late-night conversations
I exposed my heart to you without a moment's hesitation.
The love was borne in common interests like the mic and music, too.
Soon to be dug deeper into with each nighttime rendezvous.
There was to be an inquiry into the act/art of Jedi Lovemaking,
Allowed with various techniques, leaving hands numb and shaking.

Like a drug, I'm hooked up on you. Can't get enough of your voice,
All hours of the morning; you are the sweetest kind of noise.
Yet, I miss you all the same. For no reason, I call out your name
just to feel it roll off my tongue and allow me to spit pure flame.
"I've lost control of my soul, because you've got a hold on me"
These are your words; these are our feelings, sort of like our creed.
You are more than my friend, because with you I do more than care.
I love you dearly, girl. And now? You should be here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My heart bleeds with constant need to see the next time we meet."

WOW!!...Your rhymes are ill!

This reminds me of my piece addiction...check it out:

www.myspace.com/autumnbap

Unknown said...

@bap: I see how it reminds you...isn't love something else? jeez...

*starts randomly scratching a certain spot on arms*

Mizrepresent said...

Wow! See this is what i'm talking about...pure feelings...i'm so familiar with! Great piece!

Don said...

@ n.steven: pretty good skills here. I dig. And you are right; there is nothing like missing that special someone.