8.25.2010

Posts For You, Truths For Me

I haven't written in a long time.

Mentally, emotionally, physically, vocationally, I've gone to quite a few places, reopened some old wounds/doors, created some new ones. If my current emotion in life would sound like anything, it'd be like Eminem's newest album, "Recovery" meets J. Cole's "The Warm-Up". I'm preparing, yet in-transition. Moving up and towards something bigger, better, fuller in my life. From boy to man, student to teacher, black to Trini-American, lover to beloved, all the while, still being me. 

The question being, how do I scribe all of this? Do I even want to?

I've had to question that. What's point of me writing? What if I don't get props? If I don't get recognition? If I never sell another copy of my book? What if no one likes what I have to write/say?

God gave ME this gift. While there are many other people who can write the way, and have chiseled out a comfortable niche that allows them to be complete, I have the same. Be it a notepad, a blog site or a status on Facebook, for some reason, My God saw fit to give me zen with the pen, a gift of gab grown up.

In this constant dichotomy of me, I'm learning that there needs to be a balance. And I know I'm not the only one. I also know that even to those closest to me still have a ways to go before truly learning anything about me. I'm writing for them, THEM, and Them. 

I believe that someone can learn from my words, my experiences, my diction, my scattered logic and immature sense of humor. I feel that I can use the lemons and oranges and cherries from my life to brew a tropical punch for someone else, to modify a popular say-so.

WIth that being said...let the shenanigans continue!