12.31.2009

What Did I Do in 2009?



  • Graduated Undergrad with a Double Major in Human Services and Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Trust me, it sounds like a lot more than it is...
  • Started Graduate School, focusing on Counseling...
  • Finally accomplished a dream and published my first (official) collection of poetry (which can be found for sale at Great Publishing).
  • Developed a growing interest/passion for photography.
  • Seen the inauguration of America's first non-white President...
  • ...which, coincidentally, allowed me to see a lot of insensitivity within the Body of Christ, as well as this country itself.
  • Performed in front of my largest crowd to date with The Jedi.
  • Finally bought the Complete Series of Seinfeld & The Wire, both for under $110 apiece, thanks to eBay.
  • Spent an entire summer in Golden/Branson, Missouri, doing ministry work by spreading God's love to dozens, if not hundreds of innercity youth across the country.
  • Mourned the loss of my most influential artist/entertainer.

  • Split, then rekindled one of my most treasured relationships.
  • Finally, after years of torturous pain - I got my first car!
  • ...which, coincidentially, allowed me to get my first flat tire.
  • Moved into a new apartment, with nicer features!
  • Met the face of resolution with an old heartbreak...
  • Twisted my hair again...
  • Attended one of the most fulfilling concerts I have ever been to.
  • Got somewhat closer to my siblings...
  • Got lost in my own city...
  • ...and developed more tales in the story of my life, including but not limited to
    • skinnydipping
    • "pre-game" bonanzas!
    • cooking experiments gone right!
    • recording myself in a studio
    • road trips to DC, VA Beach & NJ
    • discovering the social underground of lynchburg's college life
    • a whole bunch of "almost's". Take it how you want it.
    • coming face-to-face with ignorance, on my side of the fence.
    • a few of my darkest demons
    • re: my love life - a deep affinity for John Legend, John Mayer, James Morrison and Little Brother
    • ...and much, much more. Stay tuned for 2010!

4 comments:

I.Am.Spoken.Word. said...

I applaud you. 2009 was tough...
Despite my tendency to worry, I'm going to choose to steady my feet and look up this steep path ahead...

Still feel like climbing? ;)

Mo said...

Great things in 2009, even greater in 2010. Happy new year!

Don said...

awesome post. it also allows one to gain your spirit. 2009 was quite a year for you as well i see.

you speak the truth @ ...which, coincidentally, allowed me to see a lot of insensitivity within the Body of Christ, as well as this country itself.

it's funny how i recently saw some Seinfeld DVDs in Target over the holidays and i couldn't remember why i had a thought about 'em. after reading this post i remember it was you spoke of how great a series it truly were.

now i need to purchase 'em myself.

Highly favored said...

You've been busy, those who are chosen usaully are. I made a list but of the things I wanted to do maybe it should have been about what actually got done. I love to read about people doing the dame thing.