1.19.2010

The Love Experience: Intro



So, I found myself listening to Raheem DeVaughn's debut album, "The Love Experience". In listening to the first song, I realized somethings that I wanted to take advantage of.

My "Love Experiences", according to The Love Experience.

First off, I understand that Love, will never have one sole definition. From Agape to Parental to Unrequited, love is the eternal Bermuda Triangle, an ever-existent Pandora's Box. Common understanding ceases to exist, and everything is made clear.

Looking back, I've learned how much of a part that this love (that no one can explain) has really made me who I am, and who I plan on being. Not to make it sound like the next "Antwone Fisher", but regarding issues of the heart, let me be the first blog you read today to point that I've been through some things with love. Call it a pinprick or gaping war wound, hurt is hurt.

But I feel that these experiences have something to offer you, as well as me.

So, I ask you...are you feeling loved today?

3 comments:

Don said...

Love the way you put it @ First off, I understand that Love, will never have one sole definition. From Agape to Parental to Unrequited, love is the eternal Bermuda Triangle, an ever-existent Pandora's Box. Common understanding ceases to exist, and everything is made clear.

A quote to always remember and certainly live by.

Do I feel loved? Yes. But once again it's never as society's definition. Which isn't a knock against this particular emotion. But the love I feel comes from the words and actions of my own flesh and blood, my daughter. Her compassion towards me is what I embrace like no other.


On another note: my girl is crazy about DeVaughn's music. I mean, CRAZY. LOL! Even more than I was surrounding Tupac Shakur's exactness.

I.Am.Spoken.Word. said...

Every morning God sees fit to reveal His Love to me. Whether it's directly from His presence or from a genuine hug of one the girls on my hall.

Love is God. God is Love. He's all around. Quiet. Significant.

...so yes, Jedi...I do feel loved.
I think I want to show my appreciation to one of my Love's many sources today...
[again. take that as you will...lol]

Highly favored said...

To answer your question yes I'm feeling loved today.To experience real love I think you need to have that real hurt. I listened to "The Love Experience" this morning before I went to work and it stuck with me all day long.Very smooth listening