10.28.2008

Game-Changing Ways

I was just playing around. I'm actually supposed to be finish a paper due in an hour.

I'm looking forward to seeing someone collab.


Daily I meditate on my game-changing ways
Like the aim, distance and range for mind-blowing plays
I might be playing, but still I'm saying, gotta go hard with the pen
Because even if I don't succeed, this Bic will try again.
I like the surprise of the crowd and weight of my words
Lyrically heavy-lifting with the purpose it serves.
Sometimes bars aren’t enough, I need a dash of def poetic
Drop bombs on stages and scales, I'm talking metric.
I’ll take a break and just pretend that I’m on a verbal gameshow
Then brush off the smile, and “Go Buck For The Angels”.
Heaven is where I wanna be, I’m Donell Jonesin’ for that residence
And it concerns me so much more, than the choice for our future president
This world is ill and fractured, I keep my mind about my craft
Make sure every line is nice and precise, but slightly daft.
Still, can’t ignore what’s all around me, I’m in, not of its jacked-up ways
So daily, I meditate on my game-changing ways.

No comments: