6.03.2010

Summer Wants/Needs



Wants
  • to feel/be treated like a Man
  • to attend at least 10 concerts/live performances
  • to live life without domestication, un-wasted
  • to cook for my family
  • to reunite with my elementary school's graduating Class of 2000
  • to lose some weight, in an Insane way.
  • to effect some lives and change the future
  • to make up for the lack of writing I've been doing lately
  • to show my dad that he's been right/wrong all this time
Needs
  • to learn how to be a better Man of God
  • to celebrate Good Music
  • to create
  • to prioritize
  • to show my dad that he's been right/wrong all this time

4 comments:

Don said...

Before I forget, have you copped the new Roots CD? It's an awesome listen.


I feel you on the contrast of sentiments towards your dad. I experienced a similar feeling w/ my mother back when I left for the military and pretty much throughout the experience.



to live life without domestication, un-wasted

You might have to explain. I believe that I understand what you mean here.


to effect some lives and change the future

I believe you can/will.

Unknown said...

@ Don: I haven't gotten the newest Roots' offering, but I've been hearing good things. I've promised to get it as soon as my pockets are looking a little healthier and i handle some financial situations...

- i love my dad to death. i feel that i am definitely in that transitional period inbetween boy and man, child and peer. who knows if i'll ever get out of it.

- for me, living life without domestication translates into living intentionally, not wasting time with boy stuff. i want to take chances without being reckless, having no regrets when i pass on.

- i'm currently working with the Children's Defense Fund Freedom Schools this summer. I plan on making some serious moves, trust.

thanks for showing some blog love. i've definitely been caught up. i'll try to update soon...

Don said...

The Roots is a definite pickup. I had heard good things about Em's album but I am too busy enjoying The Roots and, of course, still jammin' that Raheem DeVaughn offering.

I wasn't able to become a member of the Big Brother Big Sister program - scheduling differences w/ my woman and other things.


I feel you @ having no regrets when I pass on. That does appear to be the business with all.

nojillys said...

Seems good enough to me. Thank you for the information you provided, it will help my subscribers.free credit report gov